Skip to main content

Some Newer Cartoons I've Discovered

 I just got back from a trip I went on see a Sonic Concert in Kansas City, Missouri. Took a whole lot of photos and went on several adventures, but also, in my hotel room, I ended up forgetting my laptop's power cord (d'oh!), so when I wasn't out on adventures, on thing I did for fun was to just relax and watch TV in my hotel room, and I got to see some newer cartoons! And I really liked a couple of them so I wanted to share.


 One I saw was a cartoon based on that Home movie Dreamworks made, called "Home - Adventures with Tip & Oh". I've never seen the movie but I quite enjoyed this cartoon. The art style is simple but fun, with a lot of really goofy expressions and wild takes on the characters. But best of all, the stories I saw were a solid blend of good humor and wholesome sweetness. The channel I saw it on was called "Universal Kids".


 Kiff is another cartoon I actually got to watch before on Disney+ with our friend Charlie once, and I found it really cute. I got to watch some more during my vacation because it was on the Disney Channel Saturday morning (Saturday morning cartoons are still a thing, yay!) It's about a goofy squirrel named Kiff, and her rabbit friend (I don't remember his name). They're both very silly and lovable, and their world is full of fun and adorable animal characters. A good show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grim Fandango Remastered (PC) Review

Grim Fandango is a wonderfully charming point and click adventure game with a unique style. It's based on Mexican/Central American mythology as well as the film nior genre. There are many fun characters to meet and lots of great comedy. They give you multiple options for control - you can either use the classic point and click controls, or you can move Manny around manually in Resident Evil/"tank" style controls (which I found handy at times to use). It can be confusing to figure out puzzle solutions, but there are plenty of guides available online if you get stuck. I don't want to give anything of the story away so I suggest trying the game for yourself! Overall the game is fantastic, but I have a few small criticisms: The game does occasionally have graphical bugs, but I did not encounter any that hindered my enjoyment of the game.  Most of them were actually very comical to encounter, such as Mannys head disappearing or affixing a lever to Glottis...

Dead Space (Xbox 360) Review

  Dead Space is a survival horror game set in - you guessed it - space! Specifically, the USG Ishimura. You'll follow protagonist Isaac Clarke as what started as a an attempt to fix up a spacecraft turns into an wonderful example of "everything that can go wrong definitely will". The story takes several twists and turns and you'll even get to venture beyond the game's central location a few times! As usual, I won't go too deep into the story because I'd like you to be able to experience it for yourself if you've never played the game! I quite it enjoyed it though, and the game created a good sense of isolated fear while also making me concerned for the safety of Isaac's few surviving crew-mates throughout the game. The combat is very intense as most of the creatures you'll encounter move in a very violent and erratic manners, and you'll want to target their weak points - usually the limbs. Thankfully, the game has a cool upgra...

Blood: One Unit Whole Blood (PC) Game Review

Blood is a first-person-shooter from what I like to call the "pixel era" of FPS games from the 90s. Outside of the DOS games I played as a small child, I didn't get really into PC games until college, and that was around 2005, so I missed out on a lot of 90s PC titles such as Blood. My frame of reference for pixel era 90s shooters is of course Doom, as I was able to get a hold of the Playstation port of the game as a teen in High School and had a blast playing it. One of the things that immediately impressed me with Blood was it's improvements over the feel of Doom. Using an engine refereed to as "build"  it featured the ability to look up and down, the ability to jump, and destructible walls in certain areas. Design-wise it also made much more use of ambient sound than Doom, and the levels are detailed and varied enough that it was very rare to get lost unlike Doom which suffered at times from samey environments that the player could easily be...