Skip to main content

My Killing Floor Mods - Misc. Mods and Map Edits

 In addition to the two big map projects I've released for the series, I also have done some smaller mods, and I also enjoy collecting, archiving and fixing up other people's maps & mods for the games. This blog entry will be showcase of such works that I've published or archived/backed up in some form or another.



First off is a mod I made to give Killing Floor 2 a main menu background that resembles one seen in the original mod version of the game. You can get it here: https://gamebanana.com/mods/433438
 
Next is a pack of map conversions I did for Killing Floor 1. They take some of the maps from the semi-official gun -game mod and turn them into normal survival maps. I couldn't convert all the maps due to missing file problems, but a few of them are present.https://gamebanana.com/mods/436177

 
Next up, are a bunch of map edits I did. Some of these were to fix problems with maps, others were to edit them to my tastes. Here's my edit of the map Horzine Moon Base, originally made by EVOSIX. https://gamebanana.com/mods/433448



My edit of the map "Apartments", originally made by WhyMittens. https://gamebanana.com/mods/433442


My edit of the map "White Noise", originally made by Gears94. https://gamebanana.com/mods/433442


My edit of the map "White House", originally made by chlrjtjd123. It's here on steam and here on mod db.

My edit of the map "Bmanaha" by "Your mom". You can get it here on my tumblr.




Another menu mod I made is composed of a bunch of wallpapers that cycle in the background for Killing Floor 2. The mediafire link doesn't want to load for me right now, but hopefully it will work for y'all. Wallpapers were all ones I found online, I didn't make any of them. You can find credits for the wallpapers on the tumblr post.




This is a mod that just seems hard to find nowadays - The Shrek (or Shrekriarch) mod for Killing Floor 1. It replaces Kevin with a pissed off Shrek, fun stuff. :D Here's a link.

Lastly, another elusive KF1 mod - one that replaces the voice, portrait and chracter model of KF1's merchant with the one from resident Evil 4. You can get it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grim Fandango Remastered (PC) Review

Grim Fandango is a wonderfully charming point and click adventure game with a unique style. It's based on Mexican/Central American mythology as well as the film nior genre. There are many fun characters to meet and lots of great comedy. They give you multiple options for control - you can either use the classic point and click controls, or you can move Manny around manually in Resident Evil/"tank" style controls (which I found handy at times to use). It can be confusing to figure out puzzle solutions, but there are plenty of guides available online if you get stuck. I don't want to give anything of the story away so I suggest trying the game for yourself! Overall the game is fantastic, but I have a few small criticisms: The game does occasionally have graphical bugs, but I did not encounter any that hindered my enjoyment of the game.  Most of them were actually very comical to encounter, such as Mannys head disappearing or affixing a lever to Glottis...

Dead Space (Xbox 360) Review

  Dead Space is a survival horror game set in - you guessed it - space! Specifically, the USG Ishimura. You'll follow protagonist Isaac Clarke as what started as a an attempt to fix up a spacecraft turns into an wonderful example of "everything that can go wrong definitely will". The story takes several twists and turns and you'll even get to venture beyond the game's central location a few times! As usual, I won't go too deep into the story because I'd like you to be able to experience it for yourself if you've never played the game! I quite it enjoyed it though, and the game created a good sense of isolated fear while also making me concerned for the safety of Isaac's few surviving crew-mates throughout the game. The combat is very intense as most of the creatures you'll encounter move in a very violent and erratic manners, and you'll want to target their weak points - usually the limbs. Thankfully, the game has a cool upgra...

Blood: One Unit Whole Blood (PC) Game Review

Blood is a first-person-shooter from what I like to call the "pixel era" of FPS games from the 90s. Outside of the DOS games I played as a small child, I didn't get really into PC games until college, and that was around 2005, so I missed out on a lot of 90s PC titles such as Blood. My frame of reference for pixel era 90s shooters is of course Doom, as I was able to get a hold of the Playstation port of the game as a teen in High School and had a blast playing it. One of the things that immediately impressed me with Blood was it's improvements over the feel of Doom. Using an engine refereed to as "build"  it featured the ability to look up and down, the ability to jump, and destructible walls in certain areas. Design-wise it also made much more use of ambient sound than Doom, and the levels are detailed and varied enough that it was very rare to get lost unlike Doom which suffered at times from samey environments that the player could easily be...