Note: I originally wrote this review in 2019 so this is based on
the state of the game then, it's been getting a lot of updates since
then. Also, A lot of the reviews I post today will be older ones copied
over from my steam, so I apologize for them being shorter and less
in-depth than the stuff I make normally.
I found out about this one from James & Mike Mondays on
Cinnemasacre.It only took me a few days or so to get through all the
stuff in the game, but it's a bloody hilarious experience! The goofy
looking baby and dad always make me laugh, and the music is quite fun
and catchy. It was entertaining seeing all the different ways I could
off myself playing as the baby, and I got my little brother to play with
me too, and we had a lot of fun chasing eachother around. One of these
days I'll need to revisit the hilarious title to check out all the new
stuff they've been adding.
Grim Fandango is a wonderfully charming point and click adventure game with a unique style. It's based on Mexican/Central American mythology as well as the film nior genre. There are many fun characters to meet and lots of great comedy. They give you multiple options for control - you can either use the classic point and click controls, or you can move Manny around manually in Resident Evil/"tank" style controls (which I found handy at times to use). It can be confusing to figure out puzzle solutions, but there are plenty of guides available online if you get stuck. I don't want to give anything of the story away so I suggest trying the game for yourself! Overall the game is fantastic, but I have a few small criticisms: The game does occasionally have graphical bugs, but I did not encounter any that hindered my enjoyment of the game. Most of them were actually very comical to encounter, such as Mannys head disappearing or affixing a lever to Glottis...
Comments
Post a Comment